- St. Peter’s Square and the Vatican Museums are very close to the apartment, so on Sunday morning you can attend the Pope’s Angelus and on Wednesday morning the blessing to the faithful.
- A visit to the Vatican Museums is a must for anyone staying in Rome. This is the largest museum complex in Italy. Here they are preserved hundreds of years of history as the “Sistine Chapel”.
- Do not miss a visit to Castel Sant’Angelo, just before sunset, from the bridge on the river “Tevere”. In this time of day, the landscape takes beautiful colors, so admired from outside is almost better than inside.
In this part of Rome we find the baroque influences and the classical roots of the Eternal City of August and the Pope.
- You can walk in the streets of the district “Borgo”, between San Pietro and Castel Sant’Angelo. You will discover a more profane but authentic Rome, between the almost intact alleyways, traditional restaurants, old craftsmen, bars, shops and souvenir shops.
- From Castel Sant’Angelo across the bridge over the River Tiber you get to the historic sites of the Pantheon, Fontana de ‘Trevi, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo and so on. From here you can reach Piazza Venezia, the Imperial Forum the Colosseum etc.
- At a few steps from the house you will find (for a comfortable sightseeing tour) the “transfer open bus” that runs a tourist route with stops near the major historical centers such as: Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Fontana de ‘Trevi, the Spanish Steps, Roman Forum, Colosseum, St. John Lateran etc.
And if you want to relax by shopping, around the corner you will find , “Via Cola di Rienzo,” the most commercial street of the capital. On this road cheerful and full of life you can walk among shops and small boutiques at moderate prices. You will find big chains as well as designer boutiques. For culinary refinement, between spices and products from all over the world you will find historic cafes and boutiques of delicatessen.